Tuesday 1 January 2008

Benefits of Ziyarat Ashura

by Sayyada Asharia


“If you recite this Ziyarat, then the angels
who visit my shrine will pray for you.”
Imam Baqir (as)

Hardships and afflictions, no matter how severe,
can be remedied by reciting Ziyarat Ashura for
forty consecutive days. Reports of people’s experiences
testify to the authenticity of this tradition.

Renowned scholars have recited this Ziyarat
regularly. They have reaped countless
benefits through its recitation and have always
resorted to it in moments of distress:

Ayatollah Shirazi (ra) reports an incident relating
to Agha Fareed: “I was concerned in a hopeless
situation, when I remembered the ziyarat that
was emphasized especially for the people of
Samarra. I commenced reciting the ziyarat from
the 1st of Muharram. Incredibly, by the 8th of
Muharram, my problem was solved.” (Al kalam
bahrul kalam vol.1 p54.)

Sheikh Abdul Hadi Ha’ere Mazandarani (ra) recounts
from his father, Abdul Hassan Mazandarani;
“I once saw Mirza Ali Naqi Tabatabai (ra) in
a dream. I asked him, “Do you sense remorse for
anything?” He replied, “Yes! I regret not having
recited Ziyarat Ashura everyday.” (Tazkera-e-
Zaakereen.)

Syed Ahmed writes: “I was sitting in a corner of
Masjid Sahla. Suddenly, a man entered the room
wearing a turban and a black cloak. He looked
around and then he walked towards me. He
remarked, “Since you recite Ziyarat Ashura
every morning, collect your expenses from me,
so that you don’t have to depend on anyone.”
Then he gave me some money and said, “This
should suffice you for this month.” He left after
that. I was completely baffled and felt as though
my feet were stuck to the ground. Afterwards, I
started looking for him all over but could not
find him.”- Abqariyy-ul-hisaan

Sheikh Murtadha (ra) used to regularly recite
Ziyarat Ashura every morning and late afternoon.
After his demise, a person saw him in a
dream, and inquired from him, “Which action has
benefited you the most?” Sheikh Murtadha replied
thrice,, “Ziyarat Ashura.”-Shaksiyate Shaykh
Ansari, p330)

So, let us ask Allah (swt) for the ability to recite
this ziyarat daily till the last moment of our lives,
so much so that our last statement should be,
“Peace be on you, Ya Aba Abdillah.” And as soon
as the Angel of Death takes our soul from our
bodies, may Imam Husayn (as) reply: “Peace be
upon you, O my Shia, my lover and my visitor.”

No comments: